Hartpury University RFC is looking to recruit an Assistant Team Manager to work with us in match-day operations. Students (Hartpury or otherwise) are particularly welcome to apply, particularly if this would be an appropriate work placement for academic purposes.
The role revolves around match-days (home games only) and will encompass a number of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Preparing changing rooms and laying out kit
- Greeting and liaising with match officials
- Welcoming and liaising with visiting players and staff
- Compiling the electronic match result sheet on the RFU’s Game Management System and being responsible for its completion during the course of the game and, at the end of the game, getting it signed off. A laptop will be provided for this.
- Distribution of meal vouchers to players and staff of both teams as well as the match officials.
- Any other match-day duties as assigned
It is essential that you are a reliable and trustworthy individual with a positive work ethic and a willingness to learn. It is also important that you have good communications skills and an approachable manner.
In addition, it would be preferable – although not essential – for the job-holder to have some reasonable knowledge of the game of rugby union. Equally desirable would be a prior exposure to a sports team environment and some understanding of sports match-day operations, although training and support will be available.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as we would like this appointment to start as soon as possible. Home fixtures are generally played on a Saturday afternoon, although in the up-coming season there will be at least two Friday night kick offs and one Sunday afternoon. We will have one pre-season fixture at home, 10 league (Championship) fixtures and at least two cup fixtures.
Please apply, by email only, a with a short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the title ‘Assistant Team Manager’ into the subject line of your email.
Come and join the team!